Forest school and outdoor learning
Bespoke Forest school and outdoor learning programmes
Available to key stages 1,2 and 3, this course encourages young pupils to interact with the natural environment, whilst developing key social developmental skills.
Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in natural environments.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor learning.
We welcome mainstream classes, nurture and behaviour support groups, gifted and talented students and young people with SEN, providing them with programmes of experiential learning relevant and appropriate to their needs. These underpin and enhance young people’s learning in core subjects and / or encourage them to re-engage with education.
Level 3 Forest School Practitioner Training
Taking the step to become a qualified Forest School Practitioner is an exciting time and will enable you to lead fantastic child centered learning for your young people.
Our accreditation and delivery methods, lead by knowledgeable and experienced instructors will guide you every step of the way to empower you with the skills and information necessary for you to provide a safe, educational, inspiring and fun Forest School programme for your young people.
- How to support Young People’s learning and development in a Forest School setting.
- Practical skills training in fire lighting and tool use for delivery of your Forest School programmes.
- Skills to manage a woodland and create a safe and inspiring Forest School setting.
- The planning of exciting and educationally beneficial Forest School programmes.
What we offer
- OCN approved instructors with QTS and a wealth of experience in Forest School delivery
- Flexible delivery and assessment methods to suit individual learning styles
- A variety of training schedules ie: weekends, non school term time and weekly courses to accomodate individual requirements, to enable attendance by school staff
- Ongoing course content support
- Post certifcation support